Friday, May 12, 2006

A floury adventure

So we decided to have dinner at Flour tonight, a bakery/cafe in the South End, which was a neighborhood of broken walk signs and geographically misappropriated pizza places ("Chicago Pizza", "New York Pizza"). Overall the place exuded an aura of Brooklyn with a dash of ghetto.

First though, we stopped at a Japanese supermarket for Pocky and other snacks. There were some products of fame:


..and others that were just inexplicable:


We then got to Flour:


And had some sandwiches. Mine was a grilled chicken with avocado, Irena's a lamb with goat cheese.


Innards!

A Venn Diagram of our thoughts on our respective sandwiches (Irena is green, Kareno is red):


Dessert was pretty good. A chocolate chip cookie, tartlettes, an "Oreo", and a coconut macaroon:



On the way back, we stopped at a Sushi/Wine bar. The decor was walls of wine bottles with the pervading smell of sushi vinegar. Stranger still was the bathroom decor:


which they decided to leave unfinished:


And then, back home on the Orange line!

12 Comments:

Blogger Genotzarr said...

Hey, wass up girls?
Where was that restaurant by the way?
Chicaho? Brooklyn?
Judging from the pictures, it must have been delicious.
Your diagram of the sandwiches made me laugh a lot. Thanks.
And, oh yeah, thanks for the compliments about my drawing, I appreciate it.
I'm not posting tonight, too angry from playing that stupid game. BUT, I'll be posting this week-end, and I invite you to tag along and witness me beasting that game with my special power called,(THE PASSION). I will uterly destroy this game.
BAAAD design.
Wow, it helps unleashing my 'passion'.
Thanks for listening, I really needed a friendly ear at this time of the night.
Still I love your blog, you girls are funny (in the best of ways.)
And intelligent.
A rare quality these days.
See you around.

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home